So, I have to ask...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
You know, the wife finally realized that I wasn't going back to wrenching and we now have light colored carpets. :D Too funny!

For me, after 20+ years of buying Snap-on, I finally was able to wear a wedding ring!
Us old flat-rate guys have to stick togeather! :wink: And one more good thing, the Knapps don't have to stay outside anymore! We too have light colored carpets!

Dave

Teamcasa:
For me, after 20+ years of buying Snap-on, I finally was able to wear a wedding ring!
I have a scar where my wedding ring used to be. Somehow that is mildly amusing to me. :D
Teamcasa:
Us old flat-rate guys have to stick togeather! :wink: And one more good thing, the Knapps don't have to stay outside anymore!
I tried Knapps and finally found Rockports. NOTHING supports or holds up like a Rockport shoe. I still have some "Aladdin Slippers" in the closet. For those of you who have not had the pleasure, the oil that our shoes are exposed to softens the rubber in the soles of the shoes and causes the toes to point up (when not worn) almost like the slippers in that Disney cartoon.

NetDoc:
Is there a specific indorktrination that you have to follow to join???

In my case they just took one look at my profile pic and let me right on in!

NetDoc:
I have a scar where my wedding ring used to be. Somehow that is mildly amusing to me. :D

Nothing like holding a wrench that is touching the positive post on a starter solenoid and your gold ring, then have your ring complete the circuit to the block! I instantly jerked my hand away from the ring that had instantly become a red hot band around my finger. Stareing at my now ring-less finger, I looked up and saw that it was welded to the block! I was lucky may hand was so greasy!

I did not wear a ring for twenty years! On the plus side, when I stopped wrenching, my lovely bride presented me with a brand new ring!:D

Dave

Teamcasa:
Nothing like holding a wrench that is touching the positive post on a starter solenoid and your gold ring,
Well, that's about the dorkiest thing I have ever read! :D I dinged mine while working on a lathe in a machine shop. I was using the four jawed chuck and aligning this piece to machine a recess for an o-ring and the protruding portion of the chuck hit, crushed and buried my ring down to the bone. I almost lost my finger. Homie don't wear no wedding ring no more! But I do show off the scar! :D

tsk, tsk, tsk....learned to take off jewelry in shop 101...were you playing hookie that day Sir Peter?

pennypue:
Here's my DORKY scooter. :D
Phew .. At first I thought that was a rocket launcher!:confused:

Pete .
I like the concept of dork 'fun' diving and how it can co-exist with pretty much all dive philosophies.
Indorktrination may consist of just one dive where we pay more attention to the colors of the fish than the trim of the other divers (unless they are hurting something) . just as an example.
I do agree that IT credentials, although not sufficient by themselves, are a good indicator of dorkiness. Not as perfect a correlation as with geekiness.
However, if you are not prone to blaming everything on 'dumb' users and Bill Gates you are probably a dork :)

Now if that gorilla were to become bright yellow (say.. smiley yellow).. then I would say you have passed into dorkdom.

frank_delargy:
Now if that gorilla were to become bright yellow (say.. smiley yellow).. then I would say you have passed into dorkdom.
Dude, you will be jealous of my new gorilla! A great friend Dork Diver has been desiging one for me! :D

justleesa:
tsk, tsk, tsk....learned to take off jewelry in shop 101...were you playing hookie that day Sir Peter?
You know, like Dave I thought it could NEVER happen to me. I had the ring cut with a whizzer before the ambulance arrived, but I nearly passed out when I tried to pull it out of my finger. That finger was sore for almost a year after that incident! They almost threw that ring out when they were cleaning up the stitching area.

When I used to work with jewelry we had lots of people come in to get their ring cut off because they got too big for it....not always pretty....considering your situation I can see why you nearly passed out.

Back
Top Bottom