So, am I a TSD now??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kunk35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I went diving Saturday at Terrell with a great dive buddy that tells me he's a Texas Swamp Diver. Does that mean I'm officially "In the Club"?

You know, Terrell is small, and a bit low vis, but I really enjoy that little park. The facilities are good, the people are nice, and every time I go I seem to have a great time. I'm either easy to please or it's a great little place to dive.

Anyway, I want to thank TxHockeyguy for a great dive day! It was really enjoyable and I learned a thing or two from him!:thumb:

Yup, you're official.

Welcome to the swamp.

I'll be out there with something like 18 students next weekend. How was the temp?

TwoBit

I was reading 76° to 78° from the surface to 37 ffw, with vis running anywhere from 5-10 ft, mostly in the 5 ft range.

18 Students?? Holy crap! Business is good!!:14:

I think I'll come out just to watch!:popcorn:

Firefyter:
I was reading 76° to 78° from the surface to 37 ffw, with vis running anywhere from 5-10 ft, mostly in the 5 ft range.

LOL, not too many times can we brag on Tyler State Park and say it has better vis than CSSP, but we had at least 8' out at TSP last weekend!
Now, this is real swampdiving. Welcome, Kunk35. See you soon at the diving hole.

You're in -- welcome to the Swamp! :D

Kunk35:
I went diving Saturday at Terrell with a great dive buddy that tells me he's a Texas Swamp Diver. Does that mean I'm officially "In the Club"?

You know, Terrell is small, and a bit low vis, but I really enjoy that little park. The facilities are good, the people are nice, and every time I go I seem to have a great time. I'm either easy to please or it's a great little place to dive.

Anyway, I want to thank TxHockeyguy for a great dive day! It was really enjoyable and I learned a thing or two from him!:thumb:

I had a great time diving with you. As far as a dive report goes I saw 78 pretty consistantly on my comp with a thermocline around 35'. We didn't really go below the thermo much but from what I recall it wasn't a huge temp change but vis sure went to crap as soon as you hit it. I estimate vis was around 5-15' with the 15' being in only a few places and only on the first dive of the day. By our last dive vis was pretty much around 5-8'. The quarry is the lowest I've ever seen and it appears they had to put up railings to prevent people from doing giant strides into too shallow of water. And for those who have not been to CSSP recently air fills are now $8.

Kunk35:
So, am I a TSD now??

Congratulations! The first step in recovery is admitting that you have a problem...

TxHockeyGuy:
I estimate vis was around 5-15' with the 15' being in only a few places and only on the first dive of the day. By our last dive vis was pretty much around 5-8'.

So YOU'RE the one that has been kicking up all the silt!

Congrats. Kunk!!!

Did I say welcome to the Swamp?

Hope to see ya sometime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom