Snow Day!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well tomorrow's prediction for my neck of the woods is snow! That's right, six to twelve inches in just an hour or so with drifts up to 2 feet. It's snow day on Blueberry Ct, and we will import a metric butt tonne of the stuff! OK, well it will be an American ton of shaved iced, but it has been our tradition for ten years now, and tomorrow will be yet another installment of it. Maybe this time I will venture out in neoprene (though the temps will be in the 70s) just to take the sting out of the snow/ice balls. Gentlemen, start your snowblowers, we're gonna have a white Christmas after all...

Hello,

Now I know why I live in the deep south :) I don't miss any of that nasty weather at all. At most we'll have an ocassional ice storm.

Ed

We actually had real snow in our local mountains here in San Diego yesterday. The kind that falls from the sky. Kinds of nice that we can drive 20 minutes to visit it and then come home to the warm sunshine in another 20 minutes.

We got about 3 inches of the real stuff in about 45 min this morning, warmed up just a little and then froze hard. Boy talk about slick outside!

Later, Hawk.

Actually, snow has officially fallen as far south as Ft. Lauderdale and unofficially in Miami. It stayed on the ground as far south as Tampa. This all happened back in the winter of 78 - 79.

San Diego is beautiful, but a tad cold for my thin blood.

DSSW,

WWW™

No snow in Chicago yet. We had some 'flurries' but it was for about an hour and it didn't stick. I never thought I'd say this.. but I kinda miss it. Oh God, wait! I take that back!
:sunny:

Here in Rochester we've only had a little snow, nothing that stayed with us.

But,

We need a couple of inches on the ground for Christmas Day. My wife is happier when we have a white Christmas.

After that I could do without it. :D:

It's been REALLY warm for December here in Ohio, we've just gotten out of the 50's this week! It's raining a little today, might get cold enough for flurries for Christmas but we're not counting on it! Went to Lake Tahoe/Reno the first weekend of December during a snow storm so I've had my snow for the year--it can warm back up now!

Ber :bunny:

Up in Denver where I am on temporary assignment, we have already had 10 inches, and that ain't imported.

I hate snow and cold weather.

ID

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom