Snorkles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even though I own THREE oceanmaster dry snorkels, I would not recommend them for scuba. They're about the bulkiest model on the market. The flex is an improvement over the original oceanmaster 2000, but it's still a freaking big mass of plastic and silicon.

For snorkeling however, I don't think this thing can get beat. After all I have THREE of them. You'll have to get used to plugging the mouthpiece with your tongue when diving deeper than 10 feet... since it's a "dry snorkel" air remains in the barrel and will compress at depth (this creates a suction on your end).

I like the plain old snorkel without all the bells and whistles. No dry features, no purge valve. They are easy to use and as streamlined as you can get a snorkel to be. Also they are noticeably less expensive.

Back
Top Bottom