Snorkelling with a Canon A570, Pulau Weh, Sumatra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was recently able to find the camera that you used- I still can't get over the crispness of your pics! Did you set up the camera with a different f-stop, use external strobe, or do anything out of the ordinary to get the quality of pictures that you did get? Thanks for any help- we're going to Roatan in a few months and I'm hoping to get some good photos there.

Hi dmvallance, I brought the camera, housing, battery charger and batteries, plus a couple of big capacity (2GB and 4GB) SD Memory cards from Amazon.com - seemed to be the most competative prices I could find.

bruzbabe, virtually all the pics taken just using the UW mode, on Auto. I also used the macro/closeup setting quite a lot. No external strobe, just the internal flash, and the WP-DC12 housing. I tried experimenting a little with manual / F stop settings, but frankly got a bit fustrated with all the technical messing around. So my stratagy was to take lots and lots of pics, maybe 3 or 4 of the same critter if possible. Over my month trip I came back with about 1,300 images, and that does't count the really bad ones I deleted on the spot. I did have some issues with the autofocus not always doing what I wanted, next time I plan to use the 'spot focus' option a bit more. I found if I took a bit of time and patience over a shot (keeping the camera as still as possible) the result was usually better than a quick snapshot - one of the reasons I enjoyed snorkelling - no pressure to keep up with the group... And I only post the pics that sort of worked :) Hope this helps, have fun...

And here's a few pics taken diving, using the macro/closeup mode..

UW_Red_Anenomae.jpg

UW_Blue_Coral2.jpg

UW_Green_Coral.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom