Snorkeling with tween? Best places?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

throwing in another vote for Curacao! I just got back from a trip there with my girlfriend and her parents. My gf and I would dive while the parents snorkeled and then we would snorkel with them afterwards. I also enjoyed the fact that diving was from the same beach as snorkeling so it was nice to be all together except for the 60 min dive.

The other reason I loved Curacao was we visited 7 different beaches and they all offer something different. We swam with turtles, did some nice reefs but also did some rocky places where we saw octopus, turtles, squids, etc.

Where did you stay? Was the shore diving and snorkeling off the hotel, or did you drive around to different beaches for scuba/snorkeling excursions?

Where did you stay? Was the shore diving and snorkeling off the hotel, or did you drive around to different beaches for scuba/snorkeling excursions?

We stayed in Westpunt at Sunshine's getaway (Curacao Sunshine - Rental Property on the Island of Curacao). Sunshine is also active here on scubaboard which is how I found the place to stay! We drove around because we wanted to explore but Playa Grandi (Turtles) and Playa Kalki (Alice in Wonderland dive site) were within walking distance. Our favourite spot was Playa Kalki because it was a shore dive and Go West diving is right on site so we were all together except when diving. Even getting into the water my girlfriend's dad would swim over to the dock and watch us get in.

I wish I could've gone diving on more sites but it was more of a personal choice than availability because there's lots of diving around with snorkeling on the same beach.

Back
Top Bottom