Snorkeling and Diving in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sambolino44

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from almost 3 weeks in Belize. Took my yellow Force Fin Pro models. I've posted before that Force Fins aren't so great on the surface, because they tend to go up in the air. Well, after about 3 or 4 snorkel trips using the crappy full-foot fins the tour operators gave me, I decided to switch to my booties and Force Fins. Yes, if you don't adjust your kick, they do go up in the air. But it doesn't take much to just push your legs down and keep them in the water. The result was I went further with less effort. And when I dove down to look at stuff I had all the advantages of Force Fins I'm used to when diving.

Here's a pic my wife took of me at the Blue Hole.

Safety Stop at the Blue Hole. Fermata di salvataggio on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

When I had to avoid running into stuff I was glad I had my Force Fins. When I was concerned about my air consumption I was glad I had my Force Fins. When I packed my bags I was glad I had Force Fins. I only wish I had started using them for snorkeling earlier!

I got a few curious questions, but everybody seemed a lot more laid back on this trip than when I was in Corsica. Those guys all used long free-diving fins, and gave me a lot of grief about my "toys"!

awesome, great to hear it.
I am up here with Avi diving our collection of FF's. Although we have been mostly diving the TanDeltas and the Excellerating TanDeltas. We absolutely love them, its too bad so many people are so closed minded about them.

Thanks for sharing. You are right- the fins move through the water differently. It sounds like you broke away from the mental and physical conditioning from using other fins at the surface. Glad they worked out for you! Feel free to post any photos in the In the Beginning Force FIn Equipment Sub Forum. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/force-fin/227311-beginning.html
Sounds like a great trip and a great experience!

Back
Top Bottom