Snorkel/Diving fin? which is right for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

warrior_joe

Registered
Reaction score
I bought a pair of reputable fins, Mares, avantiHP and when i went snorkeling, the fins would not leave the top of the water. After a while i started to have pain on the top of my feet. I think the stiffness of the avanti was the reason they stayed on the surface. These fins were suppose to be great fins! Not for me..
Can anyone recommend a more flexible fin that can be used for both snorkeling and diving? I dont live near any dive shop and forced to buy sight unseen. I like to snorkel for hours and also dive occasionally.
Open heel or full foot..It doesnt matter. I just want the best fin that wont hurt my feet and is flexible enough for snorkeling.
Thank you for your comments!

You might want to look at getting a fin that is slightly negatively buoyant in the water so they sit a inch or two below the surface when you are snorkeling. Some online retailers allow you to return fins as long as they haven't been in salt water (so you can try them in the pool)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom