Snorkel Assistance please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tip:

If you really need a snorkel, get the cheapest and simplest one, or a foldable snorkel to tuck away in a pocket...

IMO, a snorkel is just an annoyance, and not really needed unless you are doing a course, or just snorkeling...

Or have a long surface swim to a boat in heavy swells and you run out of air 1/2 way to the boat....you know, some hypothetical event like that :D

Or have a long surface swim to a boat in heavy swells and you run out of air 1/2 way to the boat....you know, some hypothetical event like that :D

In such a situation I would swim on my back. With a wing/backplate my head is far out of the water.

If I ran out of air 1/2 way to the boat-Oh Boy! If my buddy ran out half way to the boat we could share air another 1/4- 1/3 or so of the way. :D

I'll just glue that valve shut and give it another try. Better be water free this time!

I second the Cressi Corsica recommendation. Very simple, without annoying valves to jam open or shut and it folds into a BC pocket just fine. There if you need (or want) it and not if you don't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back
Top Bottom