Sneak Peak - New Suunto Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A good portion of the article mentioned above tells that the display is in color (2.4 inches) and there are 3 buttons :D.... I can see that from the picture.

Then the rest of the article says that the EON Steel:
- has a lithium/ion battery that should last 20 to 30 hours
- is Trimix and CCR capable
- has an USB interface
- has a 3D compass
- should cost ~1,000 Euro (without Tank transmitter)

It is not clear who wrote that article (name is erased) nor how accurate are the information reported in it. I am just translating it so don't blame me.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I hope it is better than the HelO2, I know that Suunto are strong advocates of safety (as I am too) but my buddies are becoming slightly frustrated as I have been been making on average 12 minutes more deco using RGBM with the HelO2 at 6M compared to them using VPM B on the Petrel.

Looking at upgrading soon so the timing of this release is good, but I need to be convinced that this new model will be better than the Petrel.

Looking at upgrading soon so the timing of this release is good, but I need to be convinced that this new model will be better than the Petrel.
Like you, I too am looking to upgrade from the HelO2. I just don't see Sunnto moving beyond the RBGM or making it more liberal.
I suspect it is a Sunnto DX with a pretty screen.

Like you, I too am looking to upgrade from the HelO2. I just don't see Sunnto moving beyond the RBGM or making it more liberal.
from the news :
"decompression model is Fused RGBM, validated by Helo2"

Anymore word or updates on this model, I am still in the market for which computer to step up too

The guys at DRIS have the following info on their website...:

The EON Steel computer is for active / tech divers who are looking for an easy-to-use dive computer that grows with them. The color display makes it easy to read underwater in any conditions. Customizing makes it easy to modify to every diver’s needs. It is possible to use it as a bottom timer or up to trimix with multiple gases. Free CCR (fixed point) update coming 1H / 2015.

• Full customization – modes, features, display, physical
• Steel bezel (grade 316L)
• XensationTM glass
• Hard composite case (enhanced with extra glassfiber)
• Advanced media isolated pressure sensor
• Easy to read color display (BrightseeTM technology)
• Easy to use
• Option to attach to wrist with elastomer strap or with bungee
• Full continuous decompression algorithm - Suunto FusedTM RGBM
• Air / Nitrox / Trimix support
• Multi-gas diving (up to 10 gases)
• Possible to use as gauge / bottom timer
• Timer
• Integrated tilt-compensated 3D digital compass
• Wireless air integration with up to 10 PODs (with optional Suunto tank POD)
• User updatable firmware
• Works with DM5 PC/Mac compatible software

What’s in the box?

• Suunto EON Steel
• USB Cable
• Protective boot and scratch guard
• Bungee adapters and bungee
• Quick Guide and Dive legal leaflet with warranty information

Add Air Integration with the addition of the Tank Pod Multi Hoseless Transmitter:

The Suunto Tank POD Multi is for divers looking for wireless air integration for the
Suunto EON Steel computer.
• Green blinking light indicates when the tank POD is ON (transmitting data).
• Compatible only with Suunto EON Steel dive computer
• Possibility to use multiple tank PODs at the same time
• Made in Finland.

Suunto EON Steel Dive Computer - Dive Right in Scuba

Last edited:
Difference between this and the DX??

I hope Suunto has noticed all of the complaints about the new Aeris A300 color display computer and doesn't make the same mistakes! The computer display needs to be able to be seen in sunlight!

Back
Top Bottom