Snake!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The sea snakes are mating again and they like to come up nice and close. I was happy I was set up for this guy as I didn't notice him until he was right there!

snakeup.jpg

oh wow... nice

but aren't they terribly venemous?

I love the eye!

Thanks, all.

Yup, this is an olive, one of the top guys for venom. It's been said that if you were in shallow water and had a cut and one expelled its venom into the water near you it wouldn't be pretty. I don't know about that, but it makes a great story :wink:

Our olives are very friendly and curious. Often I'll have one in my bc or under my hair around my neck. One day I had one wrapped all around me trying to help me look through the viewfinder. Very annoying - he stuck with me, wrapped around my arm, head on my hand, for more than 20 minutes. They won't hurt you :D

holy cow!

i'm not sure i could handle that...

H2Andy:
i'm not sure i could handle that...

You wouldn't be the first to be a little freaked out :) Happily, all it takes for them to lose interest in you is for you to go up a couple of meters...they then wander off.

Or you can do what I do when they really get annoying...pass them off to your buddy :D :14:

Excellent shot, Al! Love the details, on the eye! Thanks for sharing!

Ed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom