SMB - Lift Bag Choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey RTodd:

You might want to check this bag out. :rofl3:

Seriously though, you might want to give timlittle a call or PM. He works for Carter bags and sells used bags and SMBs for pretty cheap; he might have something you're looking for.

Also, I have a Carter 35 pound Personal Float, 60 inches tall and 5 inches wide, and it has a volume of 0.5 ft3. It doesn't take much to inflate at depth but I don't know if it would be exactly what you're looking for. If you want, I could send it to you to try out and see for yourself.

I hope this helps and good luck.

With kind regards,
Thomas

Thanks for the info. I have the Carter 50 but it doesn't stand up well. Is the 35 easy to get to stand up straight? I don't want to have to "hang" from the float to keep it upright. The site says a 4 lb weight will make all of them stand up. That just isn't true with the 50.

Hey RTodd:

You might want to check this bag out. :rofl3:

Seriously though, you might want to give timlittle a call or PM. He works for Carter bags and sells used bags and SMBs for pretty cheap; he might have something you're looking for.

Thanks for the tip on Tim's bags. For $25 I am going to give the 35 a shot and see if it works. I may pick up the Halcyon to compare as well. Hopefully, the Carter will work. It sounds like the 35 works better than the 50.

Hello Henrik:

I can't find my tape measure but using my metre stick, the float measures 69 inches from end to end; <snip> CBPF 35.

Thanks for the info Thomas. That letter/number code matches the Carter website - so no need to dig too deep for the tape measure :) Thanks for the tip on Tim Little as well.

Henrik

Thanks for the info. I have the Carter 50 but it doesn't stand up well. Is the 35 easy to get to stand up straight? I don't want to have to "hang" from the float to keep it upright. The site says a 4 lb weight will make all of them stand up. That just isn't true with the 50.

I would rather be obligated to keep tension on the line than be 4lb's over weight during my dives...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom