SMART v. Kapalai resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scren

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
as a result of all the great feedback i got here, i have decided to stay in malaysia for my week of diving in may rather than try the similans. now i am debating between SMART or Kapalai resorts...any opinions about these? the prices are pretty much the same, and they both look beautiful, so i am having a hard time making up my mind. i will be there alone, so i hope to share a room with another female to save myself the single diver supplement. i am really just going for the diving, but also love to sunbathe and swim during downtime... any suggestions?

thanks again for all the great advice! i never plan a dive trip without scubaboard input!

Hey there,
I would suggest SMART. We stayed there last May and LOVED it. The crew was super and made an effort to party with us on our down time. There was also the island of Mabul to investigate. In Kapalai I think you would get pretty bored pretty fast when not diving. But that;s just my opinion.
Have fun
Susie

I will have to agree with Susie and go with SMART. SMART is newer and more to explore on the Mabul island.

Yup... Smart resort for facilities

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom