Smart Track Computer Program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCRNA

Reaction score
The program that comes with the Smart Com called Smart Track has gaping holes in it.

I tried to save my dives to my A drive floppy so I could load them from my laptop to my desk top. I get a message "could not find field description". Click OK and the whole program shuts down. I get the same message when I tried to save

I called Scubapro's tech, Walt, and he said they have been finding glitches in the program and to try downloading the new version from www.uwatec.com.

The new version is 1.0103. Not only was I still unable to save dives to a floppy, but all of the dives I transferred over via my IR were deleted and only the test dives were there. I made sure I was trying to open my saved logbook but my saved logbook is gone.

I called Walt back and he is communicating all of this to their programmer.:boozer:

Congrats,
I just kept getting cut off when I tried to talk to Walt at Scuba Pro, though I was able to leave his voicemail a message and he did try to call me back 4 days later. I, too have a SmartCom. I have yet to be able to get the SmartTrak software to to see my dive computer (although the IR interface software I got with my irda has no trouble seeing my dive computer and identifying it as an "ALADIN SMARTCOM". While the dive computer itself might be OK if I could ever get the interface to work (I may never know), the Smart Trak software seems to be very limited in its configurability (i.e., I can't point it at a different serial port to see if that will work). So far, I'd have to give the Uwatec Smartcom and its software interface about a 1 on a 1-10 scale, and I would warn anyone against getting one unless they can get it for under $50 because the hassle is just not worth it.

I hope my scubapro reg works better than my smartcom,

Totally bummed at scubapro / uwatec,
Jack in Phoenix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom