Smart Com Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know I made another dive today at the Seawall and my computer started off the same way it always does but after about 30 minutes it started working correctly. It's really tripping me out I think it's possesed. We did a 70 minute dive and for the last 40 minutes it worked like a charm. Weird......

Just hope that any deco information is correct! My bud in Oki had a problem too but his second one worked fine. For the $$ they cost I would expect them to work right 100% of the time.

You won't like the Suunto after diving the smartcom even with all the trouble it's given you. Way conservative. The Cochran is a nice computer. Sent the smartcom back monday morning.

yup i tried all that stuff. changed some settings, double checked it and boom, next set of dives the same thing. it kept reverting to the facory settings. i hated my smartcom.

Well I really like the Smart Com when it's not acting up so it's going to take a little bit more for me to just give up on it. I think your right Al I'm not sure anything will compare to the readings and layout of the Smart Com.....

The most annoying audible alarm (any alarm) on Uwatec is their "Ascent Rate" alarm..

Wayyyyyyy too slow for me... (got it every single dive)

I'd used Aladin Sport (Old model - black one) before, and now using the Smart Pro. (Wrist version of yours)

both give me a hard time for ascent rate... otherwise... love it.

Oh.. there's no way you can turn the ascent rate alarm off.... it's there to protect you so I don't think Uwatec would put that in the 'custom adjust' functin.

I've got a SmartCom, and I love it!

Of course, I just got it a few weeks ago, so I don't have many dives on it. But I have already become a better diver because of the profiles and gas information. I'm using way less air than before!

I hope you get things figured out...

Wobbegong_Thai:
The most annoying audible alarm (any alarm) on Uwatec is their "Ascent Rate" alarm..

Wayyyyyyy too slow for me... (got it every single dive)
So do you think, just maybe, that you need to slow the heck down before you hurt yourself?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom