Smart Com Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what its worth, my Suunto Vyper has over 300 dives on it w/ no prob. That D-9 is Tooo expensive, if something happened to it I'd go postal!

Yea you do have a point their but it seems every since I've been on Okinawa and I get that extra pay I can't stop spending money. Besides everything in the diveshop's over here are super cheap must be some sort of a hardship/military thing so they try to make up for it with the pay and discounts but I love it!

After some thought... are you sure that its the smartcom that is messed up? Could it be something wrong with the first stage? Have you tested the smart com on someone elses rig?

Are you serious? I mean I bought all Scuba Pro gear brand new. I suppose it could be how would I know for sure. I mean I suppose I could just hook it up to my friends first stage and let him dive it next time. Should I try that.

O' I have an MK25/X650, Knighthawk, Air II set up. One of the only things I have that isn't Scuba Pro is my dive light I have a kick *** Nocturnal Dive light I think it's the SL 50. It's awsome.....

tribaltim:
Are you serious? I mean I bought all Scuba Pro gear brand new. I suppose it could be how would I know for sure. I mean I suppose I could just hook it up to my friends first stage and let him dive it next time. Should I try that.

O' I have an MK25/X650, Knighthawk, Air II set up. One of the only things I have that isn't Scuba Pro is my dive light I have a kick *** Nocturnal Dive light I think it's the SL 50. It's awsome.....

Well... Seeing as how you're having problems with a piece of equipment that is BRAND NEW and it's happened twice, once after you JUST RECIEVED a new one... I would say... you should absolutely check the first stage. I would find it hard to believe that a quality piece of equipment like the smart com would have 2 bad "out of the box" units. While I am not a service technician, I am a good trouble shooter, and the next logical step in the order of troubleshooting is to assess all of the in line components as well.

If you do test it... I'd be curious to know.

Good Luck.

Your on howard I'll switch out my computer with my dive buddy tomorrow when I hit up the seawall here on Okinawa and might I just add the water is an awsome 74 degrees. How sweet it is.....Here it is a few hours away from January and I'm wearing a 5mm. hahahahahahahhahahaa

I hope it works for you... It's a great dive computer.

I had one at one time, but hated it. And ended up unloading it on ebay and getting a different brand. Got all sorts of alarms and jacked up data from dive 1. I used it for a total of 12 dives and couldn't deal with it anymore. I spent most of those 12 dives trying to figure out what it was doing and or trying to tell me and not enjoying the dives themselves. The really annoying part that broke the camels back, was the constant audible alarms. I went through the manual and set it up according to my preferences, and it still didn't help. I would never buy another one of these units.

The audible alarms can be shut off or changed around if you like. You need the IR to be able to do that and you control it with your desktop or laptop but it's pretty easy to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom