Smallest Compressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Udiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi guys! I was looking to buy a compressor and I was just reading some of your threads about compressors in here, great forum!

I'm visiting my girlfriend in the US and was interested in take a small compressor with me to South America and I was wondering if anybody could tell me which is the smallest compressor available in the market?

I only use 1 or 2 tanks a day (average) but have to drive more than an hour to get them filled and wait for the guy, come back later, etc, etc. (a pain in the neck) plus gas & time.

I need to bring something home with me and I don't care if it takes 3 hours to fill up a single tank, but I can't find anything online under $3.000. Is there any?

I am basically looking for the smallest possible portable compressor, any ideas?

Thanks,
MG

I don't think you are going to have any luck in finding a breathing air compressor under $3000, unless you find something used, which may or may not need work after purchase. I think the MaxAir portable compressor will take about 20 minutes to fill an 80 cu.ft. tank to 3000 psi, which isn't that bad.

You just need to watch for the engines fumes with the intake for the breathing air.

U Diver,
I have sold 67 compressor in the last 3 years -- many to scubaboard members. These are very high grade military compressors with commercial conversions. The smallest is 2.4 cfm with a 2 HP motor. Fills an 80 in 35 minutes from empty. Capable of filling to 4500PSI. Continuous operation for 3-4 hours with no cool down necessary. All commercial moisture traps and filters with grade E air. Price is 2375 plus shipping. ready to plug in and fill your tanks. Look at my website <sheldensportinggoods.com>

thanks guys for the replies!
frogman62: I will check your link Thuesday with more time and let you know, thanks!

U Diver,
I have sold 67 compressor in the last 3 years -- many to scubaboard members. These are very high grade military compressors with commercial conversions. The smallest is 2.4 cfm with a 2 HP motor. Fills an 80 in 35 minutes from empty. Capable of filling to 4500PSI. Continuous operation for 3-4 hours with no cool down necessary. All commercial moisture traps and filters with grade E air. Price is 2375 plus shipping. ready to plug in and fill your tanks. Look at my website <sheldensportinggoods.com>

Frogman62, I sent you an e-mail, thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom