Small Underwater Point and Shoot Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry if i caused some misunderstanding... i meant no ext. flash - i used the internal flash.

At the risk of sounding like I'm promoting my own sale (and maybe I am) I have been using an Olympus 6020 Stylus Tough camera, with the Olympus housing. I am not a great photographer, but I like to take pictures of creatures to bring back and look up in books, and sometimes to see if I can create something pretty, or to take portraits of fellow divers. As such, I don't want to be bothered with a big camera setup. Originally, I had an Olympus Dimage, which would fit in a pocket, even in its housing. I flooded it, so one of my priorities became owning a camera that wouldn't fry if it got wet. I went to the Olympus 720, which I really liked, but eventually the housing developed a leak, and the camera was too old for housings to be available for it any more. So I upgraded to the 6020. It's small, it takes very acceptable pictures, it's easy to use and to run the menus underwater, and it's a nice camera to have on boats and the like, because if somebody drips on it it doesn't die.

I'm selling it because my darned husband has gotten me hooked on a bigger, fancier camera. Drat! Anyway, I have an ad in the classified for the camera with strobe, but I would sell them separately.

What's the price?.........and thanks for your input

I had an Olympus underwater P&S camera that while it can go to 10m depth (no housing, no external flash, just P&S), I use it for snorkeling in say 3-4m or less depth. Well, now it won't function (says the card door is open when it isn't), so I'm in the market for a new waterproof P&S (easy to use, no housing required, no strobes, just P&S). I understand I'm (most likely) not going to get shots like a DSLR with strobes and all... this will be for shallow water in bright sunshine.

What are the best options to get the best photos given the criteria (and that I need something that is quick to shoot once I focus by a half depress of the shoot button)?

Thanks for your recommendations.

Well, since the Olympus T-6020 setup came up...:wink:

We have a few great deals on refurbed T-6020s. These are "used" but you'd hardly know it. They do only come with a 90 day warranty from Olympus, and have been gone through by them. They have underwater modes built in, are shockproof and waterproff to 16', have HD video and lots of scene modes.

PT-048-T6020-bundle.jpg

We have the Olympus T-6020 refurb camera alone for $169.
Or with a NEW PT-048 housing for only $379 - the housing alone sells for $259, so that's an outstanding deal.
Or with a small NanoFlash external strobe, tray and sync cord along with the housing and camera for only $569.33 - that's right a complete set for well under $600!

pkg-1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom