Small, stiff, plastic paddle fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Avanti X3 is a little shorter than the Quattro and some of their (Mares) full foots and while not super stiff it is not a soft fin either. It would probably accomplish what you want and it is light weight. It has the stubs for springs if you must. Good luck.

N

Well, the Dive Rite fins were my first choice, since I figured if a lot of cave divers use them, they had to be reasonably stiff, but the information I got was that the small size is currently unavailable, and date of availability is unknown.

Well, the Dive Rite fins were my first choice, since I figured if a lot of cave divers use them, they had to be reasonably stiff, but the information I got was that the small size is currently unavailable, and date of availability is unknown.

I asked about them over on the Dive Rite forum. There was evidently a problem with the material in the most recent run which they're working with the vendor to fix.

This may sound like a radical idea, but a pair of DiveRite fits cut down very well.

Actually works very well, can even dress them nicely with a hand grinder and abrasive wheel. Learned this working on getting a pair of oversize Jetfins to fit. Didn't really work, quit when I found that Slipstreams fit me perfectly.

If we're talking about trimming fin blades, here's an image of the process from a Korean site:
image12_copy.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom