Small secluded spot in coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Charney

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are considering Cozumel this year for a dive trip, but after looking at some of the properties, they all seem pretty big. Is there such a thing as a B&B or a small nice hotel in the area?

Thanks in advance! :)

You don't mention if you need to be on the ocean or not. If not, Summer Place Inn is a nice quaint semi B&B. We stayed there while we were buying our condo. Located on Ave.10 & Calle 17....couple of blocks off Melgar.

The Summer Place Inn - Bed and Breakfast - hotel in Cozumel, Mexico

Mike

Aldora divers has there own small units, check out there site

As mentioned earlier, Baldwins is a great B&B. I used to stay there before buying here on the island and Dale and Kathy have become close friends. In fact, they just left my house minutes ago after helping me pick up my new gas barbque and find a 10 kilo gas tank for it. Their place gets outstanding reviews on TripAdvisor. It is small, impeccably maintained and they are great hosts.

Michael and I have stayed at Summer Place Inn as well as Villa Escondida, both in town and close to the waterfront/Melgar (main street). Both are wonderful places to stay. Very clean and safe. The advantage to Summer Place Inn is that there is a well equipped outdoor palapa kitchen and you can cook your own meals should you desire. Breakfast foods are provided, however, the guest prepares the meal. However, you can prepare your breakfast any time of day. Michael and I would often make up our eggs/toast/juice for dinner. Villa Escondida's hostess/owner Magda, prepares the full course breakfast, and a wonderful breakfast it is. Both places have fridges that you can store cold lunch items bought at the grocery store. One grocery store, Chedraui is close walking distance to Summer Place Inn located at Avenida 10 and Calle 17/19. Mega, the super Walmart like store, is just a bit further. From Villa Escondida, which is at Avenida 10/Calle 3, one could easily walk to the grocery stores, however, most likely take a cab back with your items.

However, be aware, that for diving you will need to get to a pier or to the Marina to meet with your dive op. Villa Escondida is a short walk to the town pier and Summer Place Inn is...walkable. When Michael and I stayed there we would start our walk about 30-45 min early to our pick up time. If we came across a cab going by within the first few blocks we would get it. About $3.00 USD. If we got further than that we would just finish the walk at a very leisurely pace.

I would recommend that you get two "favorite" lists together. One for Dive Op's, unless you already have a favorite and the second for your lodging. Then contact your first choices with your questions and go from there. One question for sure is if the dive op you choose picks up a particular pier or hotel. It will all work out well for sure and you will have a fantastic dive trip !

Sue

You might consider Casa Martillo (Cozumel Casa Martillo Luxury Condos - Home). Its a small condo in the Corpus Christi area. Its right around the corner from Summer Place Inn. There are 4-2 bedrooms and 2-1 bedroom condos. There is daily maid service, a nice pool,its gated, laundry and we have always found it to be very private. The maids will do your laundry as well with just a nice tip. The units have full kitchens. We always liked having breakfast in the condo before heading out to dive. We like to rent a car to drive to the marina and out to dinner. Its not to far a walk into town, about 15 min to the square so if a car was not in your plan a cab and walking are possible.
We always dive with Albatros Charters (albatroscharters.com) which are located right next door. That has always been convenient for us as well.
Whatever you decide, have a great trip!!

Blue Angel is very nice as well. It's pretty small - 22 rooms. Dive shop and restaurant on premises, and very nice folks who run it and work there.

Amigos bnb was a neat place to stay. Nice pool.

Blue Angel is very nice as well. It's pretty small - 22 rooms. Dive shop and restaurant on premises, and very nice folks who run it and work there.

+1 for the BA~!!

Not a hideaway, but small and we never felt crowded!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom