Small kid equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajwelds

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My son and daughter are going go get certified together before he leaves for the Navy, BUD/S:) I'm a happy dad. My daughter is small for her age. I've already bought some 50's for her to use. Any recommendation on a BCD that fits better on kids? I've bought him a Zeagle Ranger but for her it won't be one that she will use that many years as she grows. Any suggestions?

Dive rite Transpac or a Travelpac if she'll only dive warm water. If she's still growing, I've read that you can trade them in for a larger size.

I dive a Transpac and love it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Kryssa!! I thought with all the sexual intellectuals (f,in know it alls here I would have a few more answers. Sorry for my cynicism but I'd rather blow $10k for cool looking wheels on my welding truck than $500 on a bc for my baby girl that'll get 25 dives on it. I'm still diving with Dacor & my kids think its the best stuff ever because its what dad chose. Dacor RIG floatin high. Livin on island time & waiting on my boys leave.

My boys have used an Oceanic Explorer kids bc, they run about $250. I'm sure you could easily resell it after minimal use.

not sure when u say kids and then one leaving for military (may need more specific on height /weight etc for better replies but here is my "kids" :) . mine is only 11 and about 5'0 and 95 lb he wears a zeagle ranger jr $300 new. he can use an al80 fine shore diving but much prefers the al63's. he has about 30 dives on it so far and all looks good. hope this helps some

The diverite transpac is a great option for kids. Their XS is tiny and the trade up offer is fantastic. The travel wing is also very small and can be used as they grow into a bigger harness. Make sure their instructor gives tips to the kid on diving a back inflate BCD so they don't get frustrated on the surface. I dive the transpac almost everyday and I love it. I also teach children to dive quite a bit. I usually have them in AL63's.

I thought with all the sexual intellectuals (f,in know it alls here I would have a few more answers.

Well,...what do you want to know about sex? They don't have sex-ed out there in Oklahomi?

Depending on how small she is another good option is the Zeagle Express Tech. If you click on my name it will take you to my profile page. The profile pic is of a family I certified two years ago. At one time or another during the pool sessions I had every one in the picture use my own ET. Took about 5 minutes to adjust for each one. It runs around 250 new and you can set it up anyway she needs or wants with d rings, slide on pocket, etc.

And more of these experienced people on the board who have lives may have been more inclined to respond if you hadn't insulted them with the little "f'in know it alls" remark". Not the best way to win friends and influence people.

I myself was watching a movie with my GF. Not looking at every new post on here.

I have a (one only) new Zeagle Escape size XS bc with the 24# bladder and Zip Touch weight system.
I believe this to be the last new one anywhere. It is an awesome BC with the great Zeagle quality, for the undersize diver.
Fit is everything. If they don't fit right they will not build comfort and confidence.
$325.00

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom