SM reg set recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My vote is for these. Love them own about a dozen of them now. Next vote would be for MK250/G260

Yes if your US based then pricing for Apeks stuff is kind of crazy for some reason. I buy all my gear used and cant say I have paid more than USD $300 for a DST/XTX50 combo.

If price is your main issue then my vote would be Deep 6

Last I looked maybe 18 months ago the Apeks XTX50/DST SM set was $1500. Who knows what it is now. I got my two regs about a year apart then put them together for SM.

Any 90 deg LP ported reg would be good.
When switching to sidemount I've changed my regs to the Xdeep ones, and they work amazing.

But, if I was in USA, I'd get a DGX or Deep6.

Any 90 deg LP ported reg would be good.
When switching to sidemount I've changed my regs to the Xdeep ones, and they work amazing.

But, if I was in USA, I'd get a DGX or Deep6.
they've also been recalled because they really aren't a great regulator design, form begat function with those regulators

they've also been recalled because they really aren't a great regulator design, form begat function with those regulators

The recall was not for the design, but for a membrane seat. And it was not due to failiure, but as a precaution. As compared to other manufacturers who have never had any recalls right?

My vote is for these. Love them own about a dozen of them now. Next vote would be for MK250/G260

Yes if your US based then pricing for Apeks stuff is kind of crazy for some reason. I buy all my gear used and cant say I have paid more than USD $300 for a DST/
Last I looked maybe 18 months ago the Apeks XTX50/DST SM set was $1500. Who knows what it is now. I got my two regs about a year apart then put them together for SM.
Right now from DRIS and diver supply apeks dst/xtx50 sidemount setup is 2k back few months ago they were 1600 i ahould have got them then, considering deep6 lot of recommendations for them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom