Slow moving dive operator for photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I stay at Blue Angel I love to do a night dive from the shore. Right next door to Blue Angel is the Sting Ray encounter pen. The current is very strong. However, I bring a reef hook with me and hook into the cage that goes all around the pen. I have gotten excellent night dive photos/videos of squid, octopus and all kinds of critters right there from the shore. It is amazing night diving and unlimited access.

When I stay at Blue Angel I love to do a night dive from the shore. Right next door to Blue Angel is the Sting Ray encounter pen. The current is very strong.
FWIW, the current there is highly variable - from strong, to weak, to nonexistent, to going the "wrong way".

I have no doubt you are right. Should have qualified my statement and said, the three times I have done the night dive from shore at the Blue Angel the currents were very strong and depending on what side of the cage you are on it does go different directions. Felt like a vortex as I swam around to the other side. Really loved my reef hook for hooking into the cage (not the reef).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom