slinging a pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never tried a Catalina tank, so I couldn't comment. The easiest way to tell is to fill it, throw a reg on it, and float in a pool or wash tub. You'll see it's rigged bouyancy characteristics. I like tanks that float butt up. The Catalina's might have a little more mass in the butt making them sink butt down. ??

novadiver:
If you don't mind the boom they make if they hit the ground.
And why would they go boom? What makes you think that? Why do you think that would be a problem now....(Here's a hint...age of tank)

JeffG:
And why would they go boom? What makes you think that? Why do you think that would be a problem now....(Here's a hint...age of tank)

Do you work for Luxfer? Because if you do" I think luxfer tanks suck?" along with the management of the company

novadiver:
Do you work for Luxfer? Because if you do" I think luxfer tanks suck?" along with the management of the company
Well, just remember to O2 clean your Catalina tank. We wouldn't want it to blow up on you when you mix your 80% deco mix.

novadiver:
I don't use 80%
Sure...:wink:

novadiver:
BTW...You didn't answer the question.
JeffG:

Novadiver,

Why do you think Luxfer AL 40's suck? I'm currious, because I've never had a problem with my 2 tanks. I've never even seen a Catalina deco bottle down here, so I can't comment on them.

mempilot:
Novadiver,

Why do you think Luxfer AL 40's suck?
Yes please...We would all like to here your reasoning.

mempilot:
Novadiver,

Why do you think Luxfer AL 40's suck? I'm currious, because I've never had a problem with my 2 tanks. I've never even seen a Catalina deco bottle down here, so I can't comment on them.

It's the management of the company that I have a problem with!This is my opinion and you can do what you want. All tanks ride up as they empty , But swimming with two full catalina tanks that ride butt down is just better hydrodynamics, This is also " just my opinion" Take it for what it's worth.

Have a happy thanksgiving :)

Since the ride of the tanks is a preference per this conversation, I'll say you're right. I don't need much in the way of hydrodynamics inside a wreck, so I like mine to ride the way they do.

But you still didn't answer my question. Why do Luxfer tanks suck? I can see you think Luxfer management sucks, but most people feel they make a good product. Maybe I'm missing something. Did they wrong you in some way? It can't be the price. They are a loss-leader for most dive shops. The quality seems to be inline with other manufacturers, and better than most.

Happy Turkeyday to you too! :)
novadiver:
It's the management of the company that I have a problem with!This is my opinion and you can do what you want. All tanks ride up as they empty , But swimming with two full catalina tanks that ride butt down is just better hydrodynamics, This is also " just my opinion" Take it for what it's worth.

Have a happy thanksgiving :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom