slinging a pony on a brigade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am wanting to sling a pong (30 or 40cft) on my brigade, any advice? The low d-ring is not in the best of positions (not far enough back on the waist). Does anyone have any ideas? Scott, does Zeagle have anyway of adding a d-ring?

I am wanting to sling a pong (30 or 40cft) on my brigade, any advice? The low d-ring is not in the best of positions (not far enough back on the waist). Does anyone have any ideas? Scott, does Zeagle have anyway of adding a d-ring?

Here is one idea for you that I was able to quickly rig up on my Zeagle Ranger... If the Brigade wing attaches to the harness the same as a Ranger, you can thread a D-ring onto the two-inch webbing that runs through the soft backpack attaching the wing to the harness... The major problem I see with this approach is that it might make detaching and reattaching the bottle difficult underwater. YMMV.... Sorry for the picture quality, but hopefully it will give you an idea of what I'm suggesting.

FWIW, before I switched to a BP/W, I was able to sling a pony on my Ranger using the lower harness d-ring without any serious problems, but as you've noted, the location and orientation of the d-ring are not ideal...

JP

Attachments

• zeagle d ring.jpg
    zeagle d ring.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 94
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom