slideshow help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open up wmp, and start surfing around in the menus. There are options for converting in there. Or if you have musicmatch jukebox, or real player (gag), or maybe itunes can convert it, I haven't tried lately. Or you might even be able to load your wmv file into Pinnacle as a new project and render it to a different format (mpeg), I dunno.

Did you try the Pinnacle forums? They really have alot of good info and smart people that might be able to answer your 3g "can't open" question.

justleesa:
Trip? where ya goin'?

Trip of a lifetime (for me anyway). I'm going to Bali for 2 days (well, I can say I went there anyway), 12 day liveaboard in Raja Ampat with Deb Fugitt's photographers' charter (I have high hopes for a boat full of UW photogs!), then 4 days diving at KBR in Lembeh straits before the journey back home. :) :) :)

I'm sooooo excited. (swoon). I live for my vacations, and this is a doozy. Siiighhh. :) Thanks for asking! :D :wink: :14: :D :10:

Wow, have a great time! Sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned. Hope you bring back lot's of pics.

well that sounds fantastic! Hope you have fun and take good care of yourself (and that camera) :D

Lisa, have you tried the Web Photo Gallery in CS2?

nope....I'll have to look at that, thanks Jcsgt :wink:

Nero Recode will convert WMV files to MP4. It is part of the Nero Ultra package. You can pick up Nero ultra 7 for around $50 on ebay.

Unfortunately there are several *standards* that are exactly NOT standards as each company wants to protect their content, and have their product become the standard. Sony, Microsoft, Apple, and others ALL have their own versions of things. It's REALLY annoying!

What this means for us (the consumer) is constant headache. I generally don't say go throw money at a problem, but in this case you may want to. File conversion are a BIG hassle in a lot of cases, and programs like Nero recode and others solve this issue.

One program on my list to buy is ProShowGold. I've seen slideshows done with this product, and WOW, is it cool.

I'm now using PSElements 5.0 and I understand it needs Premier Elements to burn the slideshow to a readable DVD. I just bought PElements because of a video project I'm starting and I hope it will allow me to put together some decent slide shows too.

Any of you tried this?

RonFrank:
Nero Recode will convert WMV files to MP4. It is part of the Nero Ultra package. You can pick up Nero ultra 7 for around $50 on ebay.

Unfortunately there are several *standards* that are exactly NOT standards as each company wants to protect their content, and have their product become the standard. Sony, Microsoft, Apple, and others ALL have their own versions of things. It's REALLY annoying!

What this means for us (the consumer) is constant headache. I generally don't say go throw money at a problem, but in this case you may want to. File conversion are a BIG hassle in a lot of cases, and programs like Nero recode and others solve this issue.

One program on my list to buy is ProShowGold. I've seen slideshows done with this product, and WOW, is it cool.

You're right. It amazes me how much easier it is to work with audio on my Mac versus my PC. Windows tries to make all incoming audio a WMA file and I need WAV or MP3 files for some applications. So I use a WMA to WAV converter, then convert the WAV to MP3 in Nero. It's way more complicated than it should be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom