slideshow help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have version 9.4 something...so that might explain some of the issues

I took your advice Susan and used my PSE to create a slide show...burning right now - in fact it was a bit easier to use than Pinnacle...when it's done burning I'll tell you about the results :wink:

Great! Let me know if it works.

By PSE, you mean photoshop elements? Never tried making a slide show with that. I like the ones where you can time the music to the pictures or vice versa. Can you do that with PSE?

Taxgeek:
The reason it's so large is because Leesa is effectively making a video, not a slideshow. Studio9 is making video of the still shots, so making a half hour slide show creates just as big a file as making a half hour video.

So Nero makes good slideshows, huh? Interesting. Does it have a timeline feature that shows the music on it, so you can line your slides up exactly with the music? And does it maintain the full resolution of your pictures in the slideshow if you want, rather than downsizing them?

Yes, it has a timeline. It has quality settings but I'm not sure if the max quality uses full resolution. But it effectively makes a video as well. Are you using Ken Burns effects as well?

bladephotog:
Yes, it has a timeline. It has quality settings but I'm not sure if the max quality uses full resolution. But it effectively makes a video as well. Are you using Ken Burns effects as well?

Naah, I don't use Ken Burns effects anymore. I tried them in Studio9, and didn't like the quality of the movement - too jerky. I think you can do that in Pics to Exe, at least in the pro version, which is of course more expensive. :) The other good slideshow programs seem to allow it too. I only have the cheap version though.

Have you used it successfully?

ok, I put it together with Elements and it adjusts the viewing time of the picture to the length of the audio (including transitions). Does that answer your question?

I burned 2 versions and I can view them on my computers, but not on any of my dvd players.....

Hi Leesa. Glad it worked, sortof. :) That answers my question - in some programs, you can arrange the pictures against the soundtrack so that, for example, during a crescendo in the music, something appropriate happens in the pictures. Or at a big "bang" in the music, a dramatic picture appears suddenly. Or something.

I guess PSE can't make an mpeg file? What format did the file come out in? You can probably convert it to mpeg using windows media player or something? (if you wanted to).

It's a Windows Media(TM) Video File

where can I convert it with WMP?

in some programs, you can arrange the pictures against the soundtrack so that, for example, during a crescendo in the music, something appropriate happens in the pictures. Or at a big "bang" in the music, a dramatic picture appears suddenly

hmm....maybe, but I didn't figure it out...might be do-able in a newer version (I have 3)

Taxgeek:
Naah, I don't use Ken Burns effects anymore. I tried them in Studio9, and didn't like the quality of the movement - too jerky. I think you can do that in Pics to Exe, at least in the pro version, which is of course more expensive. :) The other good slideshow programs seem to allow it too. I only have the cheap version though.

Have you used it successfully?

No, Nero doesn't have it. Another program I've demo'd but not bought is Memories on TV and it looks pretty slick, and has those effects. But I'm too cheap to buy it.

Yeah, it's hard to justify spending that much $ on a slideshow program . . . I'd rather have a lense or a backup sync cord or somthing! :) Memories on TV, huh. I might get the demo version of that to try after this trip. Thanks for the idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom