Sleazy.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepstops

Blacklight Poster
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just saw where Mau from Scuba Mau registered the domain opalsdream dot com and has it re-directing to his own website. Clearly an attempt to direct traffic away from the operation his recently deceased ex-wife left behind. What is wrong with people?

That sounds like a very good way to loose credibility. It may fool people for a while but with the way news travels in today's connected world that won't last plus I suspect it will backfire & he'll loose customers who think he's a decent person.

Wow! Not a good idea! Maybe it's payback for how things went wrong with the original Scuba Mau Dive Shop, but I agree with cicopo - it will likely back-fire on him in the long run. Kind of sad.

There is enough speculation going on on facebook. No need to bring it here. You know what is worse then a bad divorce....It is one that has gone public. There are enough things that both sides have done and are doing that are not right. A lot of it IMHO is outsiders with their own agendas.

I would and want to support both operations, but with the nastiness of the divorce I'm inclined to take my business elsewhere till further notice.

Seriously, why would I search Opel's dream if I were going to Coz? I am famaliar with who this lady was, her bio, and her death. Having or not having this knowledge would not have any bearing on my choice of dive charters.

Mau did not do the domain capture, it was done by someone trying to help a situation that needed no help. He has ordered the change back. A lot of people will be hurt because of words that dont fit him or the guys at Opalsdream. This is a clear case of the internet damaging people that dont deserve it. Both parties. And this is true both parties will suffer. Now people will want to know all the dirt and it will be incorrect at best. Such a shame. Both fabulous dive ops.

There is enough speculation going on on facebook. No need to bring it here. You know what is worse then a bad divorce....It is one that has gone public. There are enough things that both sides have done and are doing that are not right. A lot of it IMHO is outsiders with their own agendas.

I would and want to support both operations, but with the nastiness of the divorce I'm inclined to take my business elsewhere till further notice.
Quite a mess on the FB Rally page today over this, and I think she may regret posting it there. I can understand her being upset at how it seems at least, but maybe not the place to air it all.

As to who, how, and why - I don't really know. A lot of folks jumped to conclusions on FB today, and now here - as it's simply not been proven.

Mau did not do the domain capture, it was done by someone trying to help a situation that needed no help. He has ordered the change back. A lot of people will be hurt because of words that dont fit him or the guys at Opalsdream. This is a clear case of the internet damaging people that dont deserve it. Both parties. And this is true both parties will suffer. Now people will want to know all the dirt and it will be incorrect at best. Such a shame. Both fabulous dive ops.
It was a very bad play, whoever did it. We'll probably never know who, or the whole story - and may not want to. I am sure that both business will get their names and sites, and hope they both survive all of this.

Mau did not do the domain capture, it was done by someone trying to help a situation that needed no help. He has ordered the change back.

If that's truly the case, the right thing to do now would be to offer it to Opal's successors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom