Skyway and Spanish rock on Sunday 9/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

htn123

Reaction score
Hi,
I am going to join with a bunch of people on Sunday 9/27 at Spanish rock at 9 AM. After that I am thinking about diving at the Skyway bridge. If you are interested in both, PM me.

I live in Lutz, off of Dale Mabry, have truck. Will be able to take up to 3 divers. PM me if you are interested.

I will bring my gun so if you are a spearo, let's get some dinner. If you are not a spearo, you are welcome to ride me anyway.

Thanks,
Charles.

Be careful around the Skyway. I've never dived there but I have boated around it and the current can get pretty bad. And, if I recall correctly, MissD dived around there once and said it was a virtual fishing line department store underwater and it's easy to get tangled up.

Hi,
you are welcome to ride me anyway.
Thanks,
Charles.

What type of buddies are you seeking out here on Scubaboard? :D

I Dive,
Yep, I heard Skyway would be an "interesting" dive. Just want to give it a try.

Went to Mac's Sport on Dale Mabry yesterday and Jeff, the shop owner, talked me into doing a 3 tanks spearfishing trip this coming Sunday so I skipped yesterday dives. Btw, there are still a couple of spots left so any spearo wants to shoot, give him a call.

About the buddies.... that's funny.... whatever "float your boat.... or mine " :) :) ... J/K. My boss at home would hang my "equipment" up if she find out that I even just look at some nudibranch that I am not supposed to :shocked2:.

I'd like to get out to the sky way when stone crab season starts. That place is loaded with them.

I've only been once, but we did it as a boat dive about 3 years ago. My understanding is that you can't dive/moor a boat at the Skyway bridge itself due to Homeland Securty, but we dove both the pilings around the Meissner (sp?) bridge and one of the other little bridges on the North side of the Skyway. We moored near the bridge and then did our dives in the channels under the bridges.

Current was kicking pretty good, max depth on both dives was 15'. We limited out fairly quickly.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom