skinsuit bottoms (swim tights?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forestfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Not sure what to call them. I have seen a lot of stinger suits (UPF), but they are all one piece with a zipper. What I want is just the bottoms. I have several rash guard tops, but I'd like some funky bottoms, preferably ankle length.

For the one piece stingers, do any of you have a brand you prefer? I am not looking for another layer for warmth, just something I can wear around on the beach or boat after I take off my wetsuit, that must have sun protection. is it better to get one with the under-the-foot strap?

I think I have what you are looking for.. We carry matching top and hood if that is on your radar.
Dive Skin Rashguard Pants | MAKO Spearguns

MDSRP-2T.jpg

I have a couple pair from Athleta and love them! Especially when warm water diving, when all you need is skin protection.
http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=97464&pcid=97464&vid=1&pid=627155002

They are out of season now, so there isn't really a selection, just black. I think Prana and swimoutlet.com may have some. You may find them by searching surf leggings/tights also.

I second on Athleta surfing pant. They are very durable and quick dry too. I have one that's 3 years old and still maintain its shape.

I came on here looking for the same thing! Any more suggestions?

I should add, I plan to wear it under my wetsuit, to help get in.

Dove last Friday and again on Saturday. By Sunday a rash (with associated pruritus) had developed on thighs and chest. Generally I'm happy to lay around, eructate and scratch, but this was a bit much in the itch dept. I will try both lycra bottom and long-sleeve top layers. Ideas on "best bang for the buck"?

I wear surf tights. I currently wear a pair of Hurley ones but many brands make them. The Hurley ones are a smoother, more slippery Lycra which I like for putting on and removing wetsuits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom