Sizing SP Jets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the heads up, guys. The gap in sizes seemed strange, but you covered the reasoning pretty well I'd say. It's sounding like I'll just wait until I'm back at the coast and try some on, see if I can't get a pair of one or the other to dive in before I buy. Right now I'm stuck renting fins, so I'm trying out all sorts of different stuff that I really *should* be keeping track of, and they've all been alright, but just so..I wasn't smart enough to pay any attention to exactly what fins I was diving, something from SP and something else from Mares, and some Oceanic split fins...Guess I was jumping the gun a little, glad I stopped to ask before I finished the trigger squeeze though!

This is the best plan. Trying out different stuff is the best option, particularly when the top of the line stuff cost more than a $100. Ok so I'm cheap, I do not like to waste dive dollars:D Just make sure: 1: it is your correct size, 2: try different fin kicks. :D

No worries, diveprof...I'm cheap as well. I made the unfortunate discovery that my little old 2door BMW doesn't like to haul four people with full rigs for two last weekend, so I'm trying to limit the miles I put on it to use them when they count :p

I'll let my fingers do the walking and call every dive shop I can find online until I turn up a place to try out each set of fins, and probably end up buying that cheap pair of Jets or Slipstreams off ebay like was mentioned :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom