Six weeks, where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ola_gunilla

Registered
Reaction score
Me and my girlfriend are going on a six week trip to the Philippines.:D:D
Arriving Cebu on the 21:th of october.

We have been to the Philippines once before and we made some dives on Siqijour, Moalboal and Bohol.
We both are now AOW divers with 200 asia-dives each.

The plan is to make a round trip with a few flights included. (start and end in Cebu)

Any suggestions where to go?
Where to stay? (We usually choose basic places and spend our money under the water)
Dive operators?

Palawan, Negros, Malapasqua?

Any ideas?

some of the areas near cebu that offer above average diving are malapascua, dauin/apo island and sogod bay. do a search here for trip reports and recommendations on resorts and dive operators.

Thank you for the answer.

Since we are staying in the Philippines for six weeks the dive spots doesn´t have to be close to Cebu.
Where is the best diving in Phillipines during oct-nov?

Moalboal, Bohol both are worth a return. Dumagete would be a good dive stop, as would Palwan, and Coron. I don't know how much Puerto Glaera and Anilao have been affected by the recent storms.
Six weeks? I'm jellous. :lotsalove:

Isnt it true that the more southerly islands of the Phils are less prone to typhoons this time of the year? might bear that in mind, but first check. Cebu is kinda in the middle... How about Gen. Santos area?

for six weeks, you have lots to choose from. I would try hit up Sogod Bay (potential for whalesharks in Nov), Coron, Puerto Galera, Anilao, Dumaguete/Apo to get a nice mix of diving. If you like the relatively quieter places, you can also check out General Santos.

What's your budget?

Our budget?

We don´t want to stay at any fancy luxury resort paying 100$ / night...
I guess a fan bungalow for around 1000-1500 peso/night is what we´re looking for.

We can pay a little extra for the diving, if the diving is good...

If we would like to go to Coron we have to take a flight: cebu-manila-busuanga, right?
Anyone have a nice and cheap place to stay at in Dauin?
Sogod Bay sounds good, would be nice to se a whaleshark again...(it´s almost ten years since our first and last time)

//OLA

Hi Ola,

yes, Cebu Pacific, PAL express and Zest air are flying daily from Manila to Coron. Flights start at 10-20 US if you book early.
Accommodation in Coron and Busuanga are easy at 15-25 US per night.
Check out our home page for more details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom