Sitting in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm very excited to be here diving. Where do you dive?
Cozumel is my go to place for diving, during my last trip I enjoyed diving with Coral Restoration Program, wonderful learning experience. One of my favorite dive sites is Palancar.
Looking on being back around February.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....that certification card your holding open up all of inner space, so enjoy.

Congrats on your C card! Obtaining it in COZ is truly a memorable experience! Enjoy your stay and stay wet.
Thank you! Yes pic might be a bit cheesy but I'm pretty proud of it. I believe I have found a new passion that I will be able to expand with! Lots of plans!

Cozumel is my go to place for diving, during my last trip I enjoyed diving with Coral Restoration Program, wonderful learning experience. One of my favorite dive sites is Palancar.
Looking on being back around February.
OH AWESOME!! Yes from my understanding the visibility is very nice here compared to some places. Ya know I just looked into the Coral Restoration Program! I am addicted to learning about the ocean, reefs, etc and my heart is definitely pulling me in that direction. Paseo de Cedral is my favorite so far. I had such an awesome time that dive!

Roatan is worth a trip. No drift, wonderful coral and life. Not many big animals.
Thank you! Appreciate that! Would you say its one of your favorite places to dive? Im hoping to do my first night dive soon!

Welcome. It would be helpful to know your travel likes, budget, and interests.
Well right now I am kinda open in the sense that I have taken a year off from work. I guess just wanting to know where divers enjoy diving most and why would be helpful so I can start planning.

Have you done a nice slow dive around the stingray cage yet?
YES!!!! Those guys fascinate me!! Although Im not fond of them being caged up I do love the way they move so gracefully. It's a whole other world down there!

YES!!!! Those guys fascinate me!! Although Im not fond of them being caged up I do love the way they move so gracefully. It's a whole other world down there!
I don't mind seeing the stingrays there but I'm talking about all the animals in the blocks around the pen and the coral heads to the South.

The stingray city dive in GCM is pretty cool, but it tends to get a little boring after about 30 minutes. I was not impressed with the north wall dives on GCM. The coral was cool, but it seemed devoid of fish life. Others say Little Cayman and Cayman Brac are better.

I loved the Superman's flight dive on St. Lucia, but only did two dives while there. There's plenty to do topside, but it's not a cheap place to visit.

Diving in Costa Rica is cool. Cano Island was very interesting, but don't expect to see the wonderful sponges and corals like in CZM. I was not impressed with Catalina Island, but I was told they had a hurricane blow through three weeks earlier and the silt was still stirred up. Lots and lots to do topside, too.

I liked Turks and Caicos (Grace Bay area), but it's expensive and not much to do topside.

I have only dived in Maui, but was not impressed. I would not do the long flight from Atlanta to go back again. Too much in the Caribbean to see.

Everyone here loves Bonaire. I have not been fortunate enough to see it, but I am going to try next year.

That's not all of my limited diving experience, but it's what I have liked (or didn't like) the most.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom