Site Coordinates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sstep5884

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A buddy and I are taking a boat out diving in March and I'm trying to do the research on the wrecks and other dive sites out there. I've found a bunch of them but no numbers. Anybody know where I can find them?

nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/hsd/AWOISreg7.html

NOAA and fishing charts have reliable numbers, you can also find gps coordinates in literature, websites, and from local dive ops. If the direct link does not work go to NOAA.gov follow links explore charting>Nav charts>surveys and wrecks>AWOIS>region 7 is NC/SC.

North myrtle....Head north and make sure your friend has o2 on his boat!
I cannot post urls yet so .....add the hyper text transfer protocol world wide web to the above shortened link

If you are looking to dive the wrecks out of SC, Gary Gentile's Shipwrecks of SC book has GPS coordinates for many of the wrecks and Loran coordinates for many more (including the ones that have GPS numbers). He also has a book for NC wrecks if you venture that far north but those wrecks have Loran numbers only.

Here is a link to all the artifical reefs. https://www.dnr.sc.gov/reefguide/artreefgraphic

If you go to fryingpantower.com and register you can use a feature called the supermap. It is a interactive map which has coordinates of the wrecks and reefs along with some great live bottom area. For a public site some of the numbers are quite good producers.

Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom