Siren - South Visayas - Any Info Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mantajohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

i'm looking around for a last minute lob this June. A few of the UK operators are promoting Siren at competitive prices. It looks a superb boat, but in all honesty, i've never really considered the Philippines as a destination & so know virtually nothing about the diving.

The itinerary is the South Visayas trip.

This may be a great deal or, sometimes things are on offer for a reason eg wrong season, diving is better in other destination in the region (eg komodo) etc etc

If anyone has any helpful info on the diving in S Visayas in June, i would be really greatful to hear it.

Thanks

John

hi John,

Philippines is Asia best kept secret and has absolutely amazing diving.
Diving the Visayas is possible all year around, with the best time from October to March. June is the beginning of the rainy season however The Visayas are sheltered from the monsoon rains and thus have less pronounced seasons.

What do you want to see is more the question. Are you into muck or big fish and blue water?

I hope this answers your question and please feel free to contact me for more info. I have been to the Philippines many times and it is one of my favorite place to dive.

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Since my OP, i have decided to dive Komodo this June instead. Perhaps i'll get to the Philippines next year.

Dear Manta John,

You are right SY Siren & its two sisters: Mandarin & Philippines do offer fantastic rate for their certain trips this year (up to 40% discount). Hopefully they will do the similar offer next year :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom