Siquijor Operators, resorts and diving quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wondering if you can elaborate what kind of problem you ran into during your stay at Kiwi.
The problem was that I called Kiwi a few days before to book the room. I asked them if they had wireless internet, they said yes. I asked if I could use it, they said yes. So I went to the hotel (which as you know, is way out in the sticks, so moving from there is a problem). I turned on my laptop to do my work, it got a strong WEP wireless signal, all I need is the WEP password?

Asked for it, she said she did not know what it was, the owner was in Cebu and he put in the password to the few computers that were there. I asked her to call the owner and she was very hesitant to do that, she said "when I call him to ask him a question, he gets very angry, do I have to?" I asked her to please get on the phone with him, as the reason I was staying there was because I was told I could have a wireless signal to do my work. I offered to speak with him myself, and she said the owner does not speak to hotel guests under any circumstances. I told her to tell him to "name a price" so I could use the wireless signal (which I had been promised that I could use when I booked). I had work to do and I was nowhere near an Internet signal.

She called him, he refused to give her the password for me, and he also refused to speak to me. He again told her to tell me that he does not speak to hotel guests under any circumstances. I had her give him my mobile number if he wanted to call me, he hung up while she was giving him my number.

Satisfied with the effort I put forth, I found a way to use the Internet there with no help from the owner (I was traveling with a computer tech.) and I got the services I was promised. :no: :)

After a few days there, and hearing stories from the staff, I can safely say that my experience with the owner was not an isolated event (as far as customer service).

Maybe things have improved there, this was 9 months ago that I was there.

As far as the diving, we had a great dive experience with Neil there, he is a great guide and diving with him is worth putting some money in this owner's pocket. That says a lot about Neil. FYI, I think Neil might not be full time at Kiwi, he might do work for other dive shops. If I went back to Siquijor, I would track Neil down (everyone on the island knows him, I think) and definitely dive with him.

Thank you for posting more details, SC.

I am sitting right now at Kiwi and write this post (using WIFI). As I was here in December and there was a Wifi Problem I used at that time a cable from the router without any problem.
The WiFi problem is solved now. it was simply that the Tech who installed everything disappeared and nobody knew the wep-key. The WiFi is now working and guests who stay at KiWi get the Wep-Key.

cheers
Rhoody

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom