Siquijor Operators, resorts and diving quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StanleyCup

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am now staying on Siquijor at Kiwi Dive Resort. Very out of the way place. I did a dive here today at Cedrick's Wall. it was OK, the dive guide was good and enthusiastic. Couldn't be easier, just told him we wanted to dive and 30 mins later we were off. 1000 baht for shore dive, 1200 baht for boat dive incl. all equipment!

kiwi dive resort siquijor

The problem came when I had a simple request and girl here at Kiwi said only the owner could answer the question. Edit: I won't go into the details here, as it has nothing to do with diving, but the long and short of it is that the off-site owner (Cebu-based) could not be bothered to speak on the phone with a customer who came here to give him thousands of pesos for diving, food and lodging. A shame the ownership doesn't feel the same way as the dive guide about his paying customers.

We'll try to move on to another place here in Siquijor tomorrow. Any recommendations on a dive operation and place to stay?

why not go to nearby dumaguete and you can dive dauin and apo island. dauin's macro will blow you away while corals and big fish action in apo island will also be a blast.

If you are ok with the diving at Kiwi why don't you just move to the neighbors for accommodation and dive with Kiwi? I think the diving in the northwest of Siquijor is a bit better than in the south.
Or you follow jigo's advice...

BTW, they have now Baht on Siquijor and not Peso??? joke na lang

I was in Siquijor,two weeks ago. We were very satisfied of Cocogrove resort (diving as well as rooms and restaurant )

Jigo, we had just come from Dumaguete and Dauin and did an Apo Island trip with Sea Explorers. It was great, one dive had the best coral I have seen in Asia. We ended up on Siquijor just for a change of pace.

Sorry about the baht reference - it should be pesos. I've got baht on the mind!

Well, I couldn't be fussed to leave for the one more night we were going to be there, so we just stayed the one more night. I ended up doing 3 dives, Cedrick's Wall, the wreck in the harbor and a wall near Siquijor town. Neil was the guide for the 3rd dive - excellent.

After the total lack of concern by the owner of Kiwi Dive Resort, and hearing some very interesting stories from the staff as well, we tried not to spend any more money than we had to at the resort, we just ate and drank at Casa de la Playa down the beach, rented a motorbike down the street and even found a way to get online without the owner's help. :wink::wink:

Sad it's run with little concern for the guests, as the location and "laid-back-ness" grew on me. :14:

FYI, on this beach and the surrounding area, there is no GLOBE signal, only SMART.

check out the bubble blower healer, just 15 min south west of KIWI, this will heal all disease include STD, but not AIDs! local pay only 2 to 5 peso, me from Binondo, i donate 20 peso and the thanks! sound so good that made me feel GREAT!

Make sure that an aswang doesn't close your air valve just before you backroll into the water. They're all over the place on Siquijor. Ma ona diha. hah.

Make sure that an aswang doesn't close your air valve just before you backroll into the water. They're all over the place on Siquijor. Ma ona diha. hah.

Talaga! Marami aswang doon. ROFLMAO!

I am now staying on Siquijor at Kiwi Dive Resort. Very out of the way place. I did a dive here today at Cedrick's Wall. it was OK, the dive guide was good and enthusiastic. Couldn't be easier, just told him we wanted to dive and 30 mins later we were off. 1000 baht for shore dive, 1200 baht for boat dive incl. all equipment!

kiwi dive resort siquijor

The problem came when I had a simple request and girl here at Kiwi said only the owner could answer the question. Edit: I won't go into the details here, as it has nothing to do with diving, but the long and short of it is that the off-site owner (Cebu-based) could not be bothered to speak on the phone with a customer who came here to give him thousands of pesos for diving, food and lodging. A shame the ownership doesn't feel the same way as the dive guide about his paying customers.

We'll try to move on to another place here in Siquijor tomorrow. Any recommendations on a dive operation and place to stay?

Stanley Cup,

I was wondering if you can elaborate what kind of problem you ran into during your stay at Kiwi.
I am going there in nov and Kiwi is actually one of the places I am considering staying at. I initially considered Coral Cay, but they have 2 reports on Tripadvisor, boh negative. So, Kiwi is next on my list.

If you don't care to elaborate on the forum, would you be kind enough to send me a private message?

Much appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom