Sipadan-need dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EdSweetman

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, i've been convinced by discussions on Scubaboard that Sipadan is the place i want to go and dive next. I will be going there around July 12th for 5 days or so. Is anyone thinking the same way? As the single supplement makes it expensive.

I was especially encouraged by the recent thread posted under the title hundreds of hammerheads - as seen at 40 odd metres in Sipadan.

Come on what do you say?

Ed

It may have changed, but I was given the option to share a room with a random diver for the reduced price. Borneo Divers just put another guy in my room and we both got the same rate as if we had showed up together. If you ask, maybe they'll be able to hook you up with something similar.

Prices for all the resorts we deal with (Borneo Divers, SMART, Mabul Water Bungalows, Kapalai, Seaventures) are based on twin sharing. You do not have to pay a single supplement unless you WANT to have a bungalow for yourself. You will share with another diver if the resort is full (likely in mid July).

To be honest, not a lot of chance to see Hammerheads at Sipadan in July. Best time is more like March/April, or maybe later in the year. Layang Layang is better known for hammerheads, though as you say, they do tend to be deep. Many divers at Layang will do short dives, hanging around at 40m. There is actually a reef there too!

Hello Batfish, thanks for the info.
Sounds like you know your subject.
If you had anywhere in Asia to go diving, easily reachable from Bangkok, where would it be?

Hi,

since you are in Bangkok, try reachable locations. As for Sipadan, you can consider going almost anytime as diving is almost all year round.

Bali season ia approaching for the Sun Fish. Philippines is quite alright to fly to in July. Some parts of phuket can expect good dives though.

LOL, Sipadan been hijacked to Bali? Anyway, been thinking about Bali too, but seemed no good airfare offers from AirAsia just yet :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom