Sipadan Island Turtle Tomb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zahner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove the Sipadan Island Turtle Tomb a few months ago, here's a few pix. More plus a little write up of my experience here: Visit to the Sipadan Island Turtle Tomb | terence zahner photography | blog

Terence

20120828_Dive-1-Turtle-Tomb_4383-copy_small.jpg

20120828_Dive-1-Turtle-Tomb_4426-copy_small.jpg

20120828_Dive-1-Turtle-Tomb_4447_small.jpg

If you had gone a little deeper (maybe you did?), you would have found a chamber with many passages coming in to it, at the very top of this chamber is a "shelf" that is very hard to see. If you were fortunate enough to notice it you would have found the skeleton of a Marlin...did you come across it by chance? The photos we have of it aren't very good.

Great photos. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to go back to Sipadan Island.

Thanks! We did go into a smaller chamber that had shelf like spaces and a little air pocket at the top. I remember our guide mentioned the marlin during our briefing, but I didn't see it during the dive. From what I remember, it was placed there by divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom