Sink the Stink or MiraZyme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jakubson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I did a search, but did not find what I was looking for.

Has anyone compared Sink the Stink versus MiraZyme. Any preferences? Opinions? I have used MiraZyme, and have been very happy. But since I'm about to buy a new bottle, I thought I would ask the community for its experiences.

Thanks,

Charlie99:
I don't like the smell of Sink-the-stinkl, so it's a pretty easy choice for me. :banana:
Thanks, Charlie. Anyone else?

I think the mirazyme works better. I had some real stinky gear after coming back from a week in the Keys. I used sink the stink on all my gear and my booties were still pretty ripe. So I washed them with mirazyme and they were fine

I haven't compared the two, but I use Sink the Stink and find that it works well.

Michael

I've used both. Sink-the-stink worked fine, but I think that the Mirazyme worked a little better or smelled better afterwards..... Though I'd use either again.

Right now though, I've been buying the Mirazyme just cause I think it works slightly better.

I use Mirazyme sometimes, and like it. I also use some (can't remember the name) enzyme active odor controller I get from Sam's Club. It smells like lemons. I put the small stuff in the washer with the Sam's Club de-stink, run them on delicate. Not only do I use this for the small stuff, it works great on the farmer john wetsuit I wear.

It's a cheap wetsuit so wasn't really afraid I'd lose much if I tried the washing machine trick. To my surprise it worked great! I’d put a high quality wetsuit in the washer without fear, also. I think the trick is using lots of water and using the delicate cycle.

I find it hard to believe that Mirazyme or sink-the-stink are specifically manufactured for scuba wetsuits. I'll bet money that it's a microbial formula used someplace else and some smart guy (or woman) re-packs it in smaller bottles then sells it as scuba specific odor-eater for wetsuits. Since it's scuba specific ( so we think ) we happily pay 6 times the price for the stuff we could get else-ware... if only we knew what it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom