Single tank w/Manta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LBHeyman

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I just bought a Zeagle SS B/P, standard harness, and Manta wing. My question is...Is it possible to use the Manta with a single tank? When I dive with my wife I will be diving a single tank, but with my buddies I'll be in doubles. Please tell me I don't have to buy another wing, if so my wife will put me here... :coffin:

No law that says that you can't use it. It will be huge and more than plenty of lift but it is doable.

I did it for quite a while before I bought a proper single tank wing. Like crpntr133 said, it's not ideal, but it work.

The wing tends to really "taco" around a single tank, and can either trap air on one side, making you off balance, or can be difficult to vent air.

Jim

I used my Manta once for a single tank so I did not have to bring my singles wing with me and I did not like it at all... The taco effect really drove me nuts. Maybe it botherd me more because I already have a singles wing and I knew what it felt like to dive with it, maybe it was all mental, either way I did not like the feel of it in the water.

Can you use it while you wait to get a proper wing? SURE...

Try it and and see if you like it. If it does not bother you then just keep on doing it...

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom