Single first stage on twinset?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would this prevent airflow if the valve was accidentally open? Presumably water entering isn't a concern in any scenario as the cylinder is pressurised?
Yes, it seals to keep water out and gas in.

They're also good at preventing the DIN fitting from getting bent if something impacts the valve. All my tanks either have a regulator or a DIN plug in them at all times. Cheap insurance.

Find a nasty used junk reg. Put plugs in all the ports. Put it on the unused valve. The local shop you get fills at probably has something in the junk pile they will give/sell cheap.

I

Have two full sets of regulators for use with single tanks (2 first stages, 4 second stages). I only have one twinset and my buddy would be renting a single tank. So I have enough second stages for both of us, not not enough first stages of I am to use both!

In that case it would be fine. Dive within limits of single tank, be conscientious of increased fail points, and the plug mentioned a few posts ago would be a REALLY good idea.

You can just remove a port plug and it'll vent
Correct. Works better than a metal DIN plug. That also works but you will only remove it is to completely drain the tanks. The old regulator with port plugs doesn't require draining the tanks.

Correct. Works better than a metal DIN plug. That also works but you will only remove it is to completely drain the tanks. The old regulator with port plugs doesn't require draining the tanks.

Not picturing what your saying about the din plug...
My din plugs can be turned with a wrench to release pressure then completely removed without draining the tank.

Not picturing what your saying about the din plug...
My din plugs can be turned with a wrench to release pressure then completely removed without draining the tank.
Don't do that any more than necessary
1) it destroys the Oring in the DIN plug pretty fast
2) it slows grinds up the brass threads in the valve

Don't do that any more than necessary
1) it destroys the Oring in the DIN plug pretty fast
2) it slows grinds up the brass threads in the valve
Agreed, ideally in the scenario given by the op, that valve would never get charged so the problem wouldn’t exist. Its just nice to know its an easy fix if something did bump the valve open.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom