Single Diving in Bahamas or Caymans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liveaboards are great ways to meet new people. It is a rare day when the Aqua Cat doesn't have single divers onboard! As long as you don't mind sharing a spacious cabin with another single diver of opposite sex, liveaboards can be an economical and fun way to dive and travel. All food, drink, and fun included!

Thanks, Brian.

I'm putting together a trip to Nassau for mid-February so I'll look into Orange Hill Inn.

Barry

Land Shark Divers - Nassau, Bahamas
These guy's went out of business about 6 months ago. i drove by a couple of days ago now and saw carpenters working in there. I'll drop by in the week and have a word, then let you know. they used to have the rep for cheapest accommodation around here(Diver Specific) so long as you ignore the roaches. It may be that rather than refurb, they were stripping the place but here's to hoping.....
Dan

Hi Shammey, I posted something about this elsewhere but no reason it does not apply here!

There are some clear disadvantages of being single and you hit on one of them. I travel a lot and often I travel alone and I would not stay in a place that made me pay a premium because I came alone. Its hard enough to sit at a table for dinner by yourself but to know that you had to pay extra to stay somewhere because you are alone is just down right wrong!

You can try looking at this site for time share rentals for a great price. I have stayed at great places in Hawaii and the Caribbean for so cheap. Wyhdham and its affiliates sell unused timeshares for cheaper than many hotels in some locations. Since they are timeshares you get a kitchen and sometimes laundry right in the room. Almost always you can get a suite that are pretty nice places. I am not one to stay at a budget hotel most of the time and this allows me to have a nice place for a budget price.

Vacation Packages from Wyndham Worldwide

Go to last minute vacations and pick something that is in your destination of choice. If you can be flexible and go to places with short notice, you can get some great deals.

Price there will be a little higher than $25 a day but you can cook which would save some money. They are not dive hotels but if you are looking for something a little nicer than a hostel (which are not dive hotels either and I often stayed at while traveling in college) this is a decent alternative.

Last year I did 2 weeks in Aruba for less than $800 because I was able to go right away and found a nice 1 bedroom suite with kitchen and laundry in the room.

Back
Top Bottom