Single Backup Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSchoular

Registered
Reaction score
For the moment i only have one backup light. I am wondering if i should be clipping it off to a specific side or if its just personal preference. Im sure ill be able to figure out which side is easier once i can get wet again, but im just wondering what everyone else does/prefers. Thanks!

Most people use the left chest D ring.

It doesn't really matter, but I like it on my right chest d-ring. Keeps the d ring in place a bit so I don't have to hunt it down when I clip off the long hose. Its trivial, but thats my reasoning.

Benefits of right d-ring: holds down the ring you are most often using. Drawback: puts backup light in proximity to canister.

Benefits of left d-ring: No interference with canister.

I put mine on the left, if I am using one.

Whatever works for you/team, could also be dependent on gear config. With multi stages, right will work better.

Whatever works for you/team, could also be dependent on gear config. With multi stages, right will work better.

I always thought all stages to the left was a DIR thing, and not compulsory if one wanted to call oneself hog-diver.

Right D-Ring for me. If I need it, and I mean REALLY NEED IT, I don't want to be searching around under an inflator hose to find it and turn it on before I unclip it. On the right it is RIGHT THERE, on and unclipped quicker than I could fumbling around with an inflator. The issue I see with the right D-ring is if you have the long hose clipped off, back up light clipped off and the goodman handle clipped off.

Each to their own/their team though :)

This is probably going to start alot of replies...I stopped useing "primary lites" awhile ago when LED lites {so called "secondary" } became more powerful/reliable and longer lasting...I Velcro one to the back of each hand and one to one of my reels...They last the following: 30hours, 10 hours and 5-6 hours....I have never missed the old "primary" lites....I find this set-up more compact/stream-lined and just as illuminating, w/alot less gear...And a whole lot less expensive.... PM me if you want to know how I do it.....

J2s, i don't think this is the right audience for your system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom