Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Ask anything - in the appropriate forum, and we'll make up an answer...

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile, as suggested here: http://www.scubaboard.com/t60416.html I update mine after every trip.

:D

For anyone that is interested I'll be there from Nov. 20 till around the 27th, 2004. Though people have posted that you can't get wet at this time...
If this is true... (which I haven't figured out yet).. please consider these dates an invitation to kick-it (chill) in Singapore...
Otherwise... and in anycase, please someone post the low-down on the situation there...
Thanks... since I'm slightly confused.

Hi Crazy Gal,

Let me know when you are in town just incase I forget.
And don't bother with any diving gear coz it's off season. But of course if you want to visit the undesirable waters of Singapore. I am sure we can!!!!! It will be an eye opener anways. Well, all I can say is that you can be assured of Sunshine.

Jazz

The weather in Malaysia in November turns harsh and the dive centers close. That really is the closest diving to Singapore because the local water visibility is near zero. We usually head to the west coast of Thailand for diving after October. Also there is lovely diving somewhere close, but never here in Singapore. Kicking is always cool.

Yes, I'm down with hanging out.
As far as the diving locations people have so far suggested around Singapore, I'll have to get back to everyone after I've done some research. The biggest constraint is money... I have very little budgeted for this trip. Any info on how much it'd cost to cruise up to Thailand or elsewhere would be helpful.

So far I have found very little information on the cost of a dive trip in Malaysia / Thailand (from Singapore). Does anyone have any ideas/info? Any suggestions on shops or charters (or even acommodations) would be helpful.

HI there CrazyG,

By the time you get here in November, the season in Malaysia TIoman would have been close. They close in September. Let me give you a link of a good liveaboard from Singapore. I think its the best you can get here.....White Manta. Have you heard of it. I might do a trip with them later this year.

Here's the link

http://www.whitemanta.com/trips.php

Hope you find this useful.

Jazz

you miss the end of the season by two weeks, by that time the seas are already pretty rough. I went out early Feb this year, trip out was manuic but the diving was OK. Anyway back to subject , if you wnat to go diving whilst here probably two options, actually a few but they all involve flying, luckily not to far and costs are good right now

-Fly phuket Thailand then 4 day LOB to Similans, try /White manta as suggested, they do good deals for singapore based
-Fly Manado, (Sulawesi Indonesia) either walls at Bunaken or Muck at lembeh, need a long weekend
-Fly Bali not been for a while but some good diving there.

Also dive equipment is cheap here so have fun shopping, (Concourse and Lucky Plaza basement)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom