Singapore: Mares and Scubapro retail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassie_Rohan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can someone point me in the right direction to get some Mares or Scubapro wet suits in Singapore. I've tryed the small places in Lucky Plaza but they don't stock anything. Any larger dive shops around?

If I could also source some wet suit pockets that would be grand.

I realise this has probably been posted before but I'm way too lazy to use the search function.

Cheers,
Rohan.

For Scubapro stuff in Singapore:

Richmond Supplies & Services Pte. Ltd.

298 Beach Road, #B1-24, The Concourse Shopping Mall, Singapore 199554.

Tel: (65) 6295-0377

Opening Hours: 11 AM to 7 PM (Mondays to Saturdays), CLOSED (Sundays & Public Holidays)

For wetsuit pockets (Halcyon) or X-Shorts:

Living Seas

20 Upper Circular Road, #01-20 The Riverwalk, Singapore 058416.

Telephone: (65) 6435 0436, (65) 6435 0433
Facsimile: (65) 6327 4550

Retail shop operating hours: Monday thru Friday 11am to 7pm

Thanks for that. I checked the wet suits from each on the web and was disappointed: I'd forgotten just how much advertising bumf I would have to wade through - why can't neoprene be called neoprene? Why does the simplest item such as a zipper or seal have to be a 'system' and given a fake acronym. I can't even find out how thick the suits are on the scubapro site.

Both groups use to make great suits - but many models now seem to have been designed by a colour blind fancy-dress designer

I just want a new 3 mm. Not a costume for mardi gra. So I'm changing my request to:

What stores have a large range of wetsuits (brands, models and sizes) that I can try on?

Cheers,
Rohan

We don't have the large scuba stores that you sometimes see in the US and Caribbean. Your best bet is to try Richmond - as noted above. If they don't have what you want, there are two other stores on the floor above them, Oceanic & Waikiki. Between the three, they have a decent collection.

Acronman makes custom wetsuits. If you have a few days, they could be an option. They'll make them any shade of dark black that you want - if that's your preference.

Thanks for that Zippsy - I might go with Acronman: I'm going to ask for a black design on a black suit with contrasting black side pannels. I want to swim with the fish - not look like one.. :D

Cheers,
Rohan.

Acronman does have some pockets already made. I get all my wetsuits made by him and when I was in singapore last I stopped by his booth at ADEX and he had quite a few "pre made" type things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom