Since there's no Sea Life Reefmaster Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GotAir

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I thought I would post my question here.
anybody have some pro's or con's about the
Sea Life Reefmaster DC250.

I've rented some Good camera's and owned some
Junky one's. I'm trying to find a happy medium.

GotAir

Are you totally decided on a Reefmaster? If not, there are better affordable alternatives out there.

Alcina your the Bestest
and
Dee
Thanks for your info also.

I had to do alittle research here and I found many many threads on the subject
of Reefmasters. one thing did really Shock me tho. the number of our members saying that the case's flooded on the reefmasters Bummer. Thats not a Good selling point!. so i called STs.com and asked them about the flooding problem. Joe said they really didnt know that they had a flooding problem ( go figure) but they have a new case design now Hmmm. I went ahead and bought the DC300.

Selling points where
1. price $279.00 then an $100.00 rebate. so actualy $179
Accessories included: Underwater housing tested to 200 ft, SeaLife digital camera with Land, Sea and External Flash modes, Detailed instruction manual, MGI PhotoSuite IV and MGI PhotoVista software and camera driver, USB cable & Video Cable, Soft case for inner camera, Wrist lanyards for both housing and inner camera, Care Kit with anti-fog desiccant cartridges, Sportfinder.

2. service. many members commented on servive after the sale. thats worth X amount
of $ right there.
I'm going to Coz Jan 7th and I'll post some pic's from that camera when I get back.

For what its worth, I've always found the housing to be a workhorse. I use my buddies DC310 Reefmaster on almost every dive(he never dives, so that works out in my favor). I've never had a problem with it flooding, I have more of a problem with the picture quality. The pics are great "fun" pictures, but I haven't gotten many to come out "postcard" quality.

The worst problem I had was wanting to get close to whatever I was photographing. I don't remember what the minimum focusing distance was but pay extra close attention to what it says in your manual. If you get any closer your pics will be blurry. This was a huge disadvantage for me as I wanted up close pics of little tiny things. For general u/w photos, 2-6ft you should be happy. Good luck, Greg

gt2003:
The worst problem I had was wanting to get close to whatever I was photographing. I don't remember what the minimum focusing distance was but pay extra close attention to what it says in your manual. If you get any closer your pics will be blurry. This was a huge disadvantage for me as I wanted up close pics of little tiny things. For general u/w photos, 2-6ft you should be happy. Good luck, Greg

Either a macro or a wide angle lens would let you get closer. The Wide Angle lens is 2' to infinity for focus. The macro of course if you getting right up on whatever you are shooting at.

Matt

Well as promised here is a pic from the sealife 310 taken this month. I like
landscapes and abstract stuff... so I'm real happy now and have a few bucks
in my pocket still. used the camera 14 times in Coz and 12 times in Costa Rica this month and no flooding problems.

GotAir

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom