Since there's no Sea Life Reefmaster Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
Great to hear you like your purchase!

Nice photo - a bit of a run through software might give you some nice results, too...bring out the colours a bit more.

BUY PHOTOSHOP!!! i read this thread, saved your photo, ran it through the underwater editing action i have for photoshop cs, and am now uploading the edited piture. took me a total of about 3 minutes with about 20 seconds in photoshop. just a hint, if you save you images as jpeg images, you can upload a better quality image to the web with the same image size. here you go:

18734untitled.jpg

Hi back from Palau. just getting off the Injured reserve, Don't ask! just make sure that if your guide tells you there are "Razor clams" on the site, have them explain why they are named so.

Regarding the Sealife housing as well as any other underwater camera most floods are a result of either user error or inadequate rinsing. I manage a dive shop on Guam ( (when I am not island hopping terrorizing sealife with my camera ) and we sell the sealife products.

many of the flooding problems have been via the buttons on the back of the housing. ( we pressure test every return after a good cleaning to determine if in fact the housing is defective ) in most of these button related floods the actual cause was due to poor rinsing since there was a lot of salt/silt found on the oring/shaft when we removed the suspect button. this was easy to determine even before removing the button as the button did not operate smoothly.

Anyway. here are a couple of tips that may prevent this from happening regardless of the brand of housing you have.

first, do not let the camera dry between dives and before you can give it a good rinse. this can be prevented by simply wrapping the camera in a wet towel ( salt or fresh water ) I avoid community rinse buckets since most of my camera damage has occurred in these.

Second, when you do the rinsing, make sure you work all the buttes while the camera is submerged and/or under a gentle running stream of water. this will flush out the salt water trapped under the buttons which just soaking wont do.

Last but not least, if the button does not operate in a silky smooth manner do not take it diving and refrain from operating the button until you can get it serviced. doing so is asking for trouble, even if it does not leak at first you will be damaging the oring/shaft everytime you operate it.

sorry for the long winded post

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom