Sinai Safari dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ari

Reaction score
Just came back from Sinai last night from a short 3 day Safari. Getting there and back is a simple thing, it just involves a lot of driving (in Israeli standards).

Diving was done through the Shark's Bay diving club, 12 km north east to Sharem. Getting to around Ras-Nasrani and the Tiran straits is a short trip on board of the 80' yacht we used.

Most of the diving was done around the 4 Tiran reefs: Jacskson, Woodhouse, Thomas and Gordon, all amazingly beautiful and interesting dives. Night diving was around the South Laguna (outer wall) of Tiran Island. We also had a couple of dives in Ras-Nasrani. All together we did 3 dives a day, plus two night dives, totalling 11 dives in just under 3 days. What a rush.

Diving around the Tiran sites involves a lot of drift diving, an experience of itself. Drifting in the fast currents around the reefs is different than the kind of diving they teach at school. It's a great way to experience the exeptional beauty of the reefs.

The group of divers was pretty good, consisting of experienced divers with no big skill differences. This enabled us to enjoy the dives together as a group.

Organization was very good, starting with accomodatios, through equipment, instruction level by our Dive Master Hassan and all the other things needed in order to make a nice diving vacation great. I would surely do it again and I guess that I will use the same operator.

Hopefully, I will go back to do the Ras-Muchammad reservation in a few months, with the same group and on the same ship.

I will be happy to go through some of the technical details of the Safari or the seperate dives, if anyone is interested.

As one of the divers was a UW photographer, I expect to have some pictures in the next few days. I will post it on my website and inform everybody so you can take a look.

Dive safely.

Ari :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom