Sinai Diving Guide: Volume 1 (or beyond)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there,

I'm coming out to Sharm for a liveaboard next week (unspeakably excited) and I was looking for a book with all the maps of dive sites etc. I have the travelling diver logbook pages, but the Sinai Diving Guide keeps coming up as a great reference guide to have. But I don't seem to be able to get it in the UK. I had a couple of different questions.

1. Is it still on sale in Sharm?
2. Are there any particular places I'd go to find it (I know dive shops, but just wondered if all or mainly the larger ones)?
3. I'm on Whirlwind for the week and am being transferred from the airport to the boat. I read in a few places that it might not sail straight away. Do any of you think I would have time/access to a dive shop to get a copy of the book prior to sailing, or would I be looking at buying it this time as a souvenir and in advance of next time?

Thanks,

L

Sinai Diving Guide is on sale in practically every dive shop in Sharm - shops stay open until quite late so you can't miss it. It is an excellent book indeed, not only for the dive sites but also for the Red Sea in general (history, geology, marine fauna etc)
Don't worry if you can't buy it before sailing out. Practically all liveabords have one or more copies available on board.
However, do buy your own copy on your way back "as a souvenir" for the dives that you will have carried out as well as an incentive to return to Sharm and do the remaining dives.

Jap I agree it's on sale everywhere and there's a bunch of dive shops here so you are sure to find a copy somewhere nearby.

Tornado is a good operation and Whirlwind is a nice looking boat - so enjoy your time here - if you need directions in Sharm give me a PM.

Cheers

C.

Cheers guys. I have conflicting advice from the tour company and my dive club as to whether I'll be able to grab a copy before we sail, but if not I'll definitely be bringing a copy home with me. It's too good a book not to own!

Crowley, I'm only in Sharm for one afternoon (28th) so the likelihood of me getting on here to grab directions is slim, but I'll keep it in mind for any future trips.

*explodes in small dive trip related bomb of excitement*

Hi,

This is rather an old tread but may be it can answer some questions.

First of all as other people stated you'll find a copy of the book on almost on diving boats. So you don't need to actallually carry your copy an each diving trip.

This is been said I recommend every diver to buy a copy of the book on one of the Diving Shops around Sharm. It is very cheap in Sharm. But once you've left Egypt it is sold for 86 USD on Amazon! It costs only 100 -150 LE (roughly 20-30 USD).

Diving shops along with general stores are open 12pm-12am so you don't have to rush to Sharm during office hours.

Cheers,
KeremE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom